(image via arthlete)
Body positivity & exercise:
- How to exercise out of self-love, not fat shaming helps you clarify and improve your reasons to hit the gym.
- How Lego and Minecraft will help you get in shape is also about your gym activities. It encourages you to focus on the present instead of your long-term goals. Long-term goals: intimidating. Choosing a healthy snack right now: immediate and easy to achieve.
- Can we talk about ‘flattering’? wonders why a “flattering” garment is always implied to be the one that makes you look thinner.
- Tess Munster & other body image activists want you to be down with your bad self, regardless of the number of kilograms that self carries.
(image by Amber Zuniga)
Being careful what you do on the Internet — especially if you’re a woman:
- How one stupid tweet blew up Justine Sacco’s life is intense. Please think twice before you put something on the Internet… especially if it’s an AIDS joke.
- Amanda Palmer: the most hated woman on the Internet postulates that maybe if Palmer had been male, she’d’ve gotten away with her actions. This article brings up a lot of points that are worth considering. (For the record: I’m still not a fan of Palmer. But this article’s not trying to force you to be.)
(image by Lisa Sterle)