It’s still Robot Week on Illustration Friday!
Friday, I introduced the GardenBot 5000 (in purple). Today I bequeath unto the world the HipsterDroid 1.7, complete with analog parts.
Its face is a Polaroid Land camera. The voice is a built-in gramophone that is piped up through the mouth. Its prehensile mustache is capable of taking photos and holding your PBR. It needs to be charged up on a solar panel attached to the back of your bicycle.
If you’d like to borrow one of your own, the King of Park Slope, the Napoleon of Brooklyn probably has one already. He’s one of those guys who can get into the beta test of anything.
This week’s Illustration Friday is “worn” and this week’s Draw Machine is “avant garde outfit” — which dovetail nicely into “an avant garde outfit being worn.”
This week’s environmentally-aware illustration is of the greenest outfit of all time. This Napoleon-inspired outfit features:
- A hat garden. For vegan food on the go.
- A bird house. Even if your peers don’t understand you, your bird will.
- Solar power shoulder pads. To charge the ol’ iPhone.
- A succulent garden on the chest. Succulents are well-known for being able to thrive anywhere.
- Ray-Ban aviators at the hip. Because obviously.
- A bicycle that is made out of recycled chia pet heads. Or whatever.
When I drew this, I was all “LOL/ROTFL LOOK AT THAT HIPSTER” but I now actually want this outfit.
Here’s a detail of His Highness:
I can dig it. Now, if you’ll excuse Napoleon and I, we’re going to the Greenlight Bookstore in Fort Greene and to read some Sedaris or Franzen or something.