Whoops. Forgot I had a blog. My bad. Sorry, Mom.
1. I hiked Watkins Glen, an orgy of waterfalls and gorges. The Finger Lakes is a gorge-ous place.
2. I got a second tattoo, of a death’s head moth (top). I illustrated the original illustration for the tattoo artist to apply. It’s a reference to my love of Hannibal/horror/reading/movies/Silence of the Lambs.
The hairs there are from my dog shedding into the moisturizer. Which is gross, but not as gross as the back hair people were joking about on Facebook. With friends like these, who needs enemies?
The bottom tattoo is Alys’. We got the tattoos together, because TWINSIES. So Goth. Very wow.
3. I crocheted Clyde the Yeti. He likes jazz music. We share a classic pear body type.
4. I designed this logo for an ice cream pop company. Delicious.
5. I was my husband’s muse. Behold this portrait. It’s me, imagining cake.
As you can see, I am the second-best artist in the family.
I should hand this blog over to him.
He’d probably update it.
Am I posting my Five Fandom Friday on the wrong day — or are you too confined by society’s strictures of time and space?
Think outside the box.
Then get back inside the box, because this week’s theme is Funko Toys. (They come in boxes.)
For those of you who don’t know (hi, Mom), Funko’s a company that makes pop culture collectibles. I own a bunch (sorry, Mom). Here are my five favorites!
This screwed-up Joker/Batman thing (LootCrate exclusive). I have this and a Domo Batman but no actual real Batman. And I love Batman, even though the vlogbrothers don’t.
Bloody Hannibal (ComicCon exclusive). He is the most sharply-dressed villain of all time. Down to the pocket square.
Continue reading Five Fandom Friday: Fiendish, freakish, frightening, futuristic, and/or fantastical Funko figurines.
Here are a few of this week’s creations: Continue reading Drawings? Yes! Drawings!
Bridal showers and baby showers would be far more interesting if we could fly overhead and literally shower the gifts from the sky.
But things like “etiquette” and “the fact that maybe somebody would die” get in the way. As they always do whenever I want to do something cool.
To the left: a graphic from a Hannibal-themed bridal tea.1
(1 Disclaimer: the bride is a fannibal, but I imposed this theme. No human carcasses will be served, to my knowledge.)
To the right: a literature-themed2 baby shower. Purple is the best color so of course my friend’s kid is going to rock it.
(2 I also imposed this theme. When you’re throwing/designing these events, you get to plan them however the hell you want.) Continue reading Put me on the planning committee of YOUR next event.